Much more than just a follow-up show, this visit with Diane proved both uplifting and genuine. She caught us up on her life since cancer, her first year of "just living" and this current year of stepping up to the call of sharing her message as hope to others who are struggling with a cancer diagnosis or other catastrophic shift in their life.
Some of the amazing moments and quotes from this conversation include...
- Fear and faith manifest in different ways for every person. We talk about the different manifestations of both fear and faith in our lives.
- "Hope is the most valuable commodity to a cancer patient." -Diane Paradise
- Encapsulating faith: "Knowing it's all laid out for me..." -Diane Paradise
- Something happens, "when the fear of staying the same is greater than the fear of change." - Diane Paradise
- A link to "I Need a Miracle" by Third Day, the song that got Diane through treatment before her transplant
- How Diane's journey with cancer has made her life better...
Diane Paradise is an empowering force in the fight against cancer. Her ability to express the challenges facing patients on all levels: body, mind and spirit while inspiring them to dig deeper and find the courage within makes her an in-demand speaker. She was diagnosed in 1994 at 24 years old with Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer she believed to be incurable until she had the stem cell transplant in 2013. She has lived boldly through five recurrences and understands that her current health is an extraordinary gift.
Diane has been a marketing professional for various non-profits for over 20 years. She holds a degree in Communications combined with certificates in Life Coaching and Holistic Nutrition. She has been a member of Toastmasters International for 15 years.
Diane was born in Upstate New York and has lived all over the country. She currently resides in Delaware with her husband and two dogs, Sophie and Mollie.
Get the Middle of Nowhere Show listener email
with links to new episodes, automatically in your inbox!
Plus, you'll get our free Creativity Startup Kit with tips on starting your own creative process
in as little as 5 minutes a day, just for signing up!