Discussed in this episode...
- Is being "in relationship with" (vs. "in control of") our children a new thing?
- Is shouting and screaming really loving of our children?
- How can a parent deal with having screwed up?
- What are the effects of early access internet and social media? What can we do about it?
- What makes a great parent?
- As a parent, what makes you happy? What makes you cry?
About our guests...
Dr. Mary Ann Thirakul received her Bachelor of Arts degrees in Psychology and English from Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI. She received her Masters of Arts and her Doctorate in Psychology degrees from Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Thirakul completed the clinical psychology program with specializations in children, adolescents, and seriously mentally ill populations. She has had experience working in a variety of settings, including mental health outpatient programs, schools, residential treatment, a wilderness program, and private practice. She enjoys working with children, adolescents, and adults. You can find more information about Dr. Mary Ann's practice and contact her at http://www.evcaweb.com/.